thumbnail view

Thursday, April 13, 2017

About

I have been Baking for over 40 years now and I have been giving away Bread and Cookies to family and friends to try. Everybody loves everything I bake because I put my heart and soul into it. Most of the time people ask me why I am not selling these wonderful treats to people who don’t know me. I would tell them “Heck, I don’t know, maybe one day I will.”

Well now things have changed!
I found out that I was gluten intolerant and needed to make some life changes...problem is I love bread, always have. This really hurt and it took me 4 years to finally stop eating store-bought bread. My wife is a Naturopath and suggested I try sourdough or sprouted bread to see if I could tolerate it. She picked up a loaf of sourdough bread and brought it home. I wanted to try it so bad! But I feared the worst. Eventually, I had to, just one piece of bread with some scrambled eggs.
 
The Sourdough bread did not affect me, so I tried it again and again and yet again.
I was having no reaction to the sourdough bread. I pulled up some research and found out that the fermenting process actually changes the gluten somehow. Here is a clip from an article I found that may enlighten some people:

Quote: “The idea of sourdough being easier to digest is an intriguing one, and has been making the rounds on blogs devoted to gluten-free eating. In 2011, a small study conducted in Italy tried giving volunteers with celiac disease a small amount of specially prepared sourdough bread. The subjects in the study seemed to react well to the sourdough, which had been fermented until the gluten within it was degraded. The study authors concluded it was not toxic to the celiac disease subjects. So could bread prepared the slow old-fashioned way, the way it was made before added gluten and fast-rising yeast became the norm, be a solution to the gluten intolerance epidemic? Maybe, is the short version of the complicated answer, according to leading celiac experts.”  End Quote

I have been selling my Sourdough Bread, and Cookies on Facebook, getting 5-star ratings on all my products. I eventually built a website that people can go to and buy my products. Some of my many clients have Gluten and Celiac issues but this bread does not affect them the way store-bought bread does. Now I have customers everywhere in town!
Look through my products and place an order today!